Why Use Cannabis Edibles?Before looking at exactly how to make cannabis edibles at home, let’s talk for a bit about why you might want to consider them in the first place. There’s just something special about edibles compared to smoking. In particular, weed edibles make for a longer-lasting and more relaxing experience.  When you eat a pot edible, it takes longer to absorb, but when it does, it hits differently than other forms. Most notably, by eating cannabis-infused meals, THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids will pass through your liver in a metabolization process that differs from the way it is absorbed when smoking.  Smoking or vaping marijuana passes through the lungs to the brain, which is why the high happens quickly, but often fades quickly as well. Eating edible forces your liver to metabolize delta-9 THC into 11-hydroxy-THC, which can hit harder and for longer in some cases.  It may take longer to experience an edible, but the feelings you experience can often be deeper and more relaxing than smoking.
The Importance of DecarboxylationIf you haven’t seen our other guides, there’s one more note to make before we get to the edible recipes. You need to decarboxylate your bud. Basically, this means you need to cook it at about 215 to 225 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes to an hour. This process fully activates the weed making it more potent in edible form. Otherwise, consuming the weed won’t have very much of an effect at all. 
Types of Marijuana Edibles
Here is a list of the different types of weed edibles for you to begin exploring. If making weed edibles is your new hobby, keep scrolling and enjoy the yummy THC edible education.
1. Canna Oil
Canna-oil (Like Cannabutter) can be another foundation of many different recipes. Here’s how to make it:
- Combine an ounce of ground, decarboxylated bud to 2 cups of oil (coconut, vegetable, etc.)
- Then heat for at least six hours or more without boiling
- Use some water to keep it from burning
- Strain the oil from the ground-up bud
This weed-infused oil could be the perfect combination for an oil-based salad dressing.
2. Weed BaconTo make your own weed bacon, simply sprinkle ground, decarboxylated flower on one side of each bacon slice. Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit and flip after about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the second side and repeat for another 10 minutes. In addition, you’ve now got cannabis-infused bacon grease leftover to use in other dishes!
3. Cannabis brownies
Probably the most famous cannabis-infused edible there is, cannabis brownies are straightforward enough. Firstly, make sure your brownie mix is one that requires oil or butter as an added ingredient as this is essential.
Use canna oil (see #1) or cannabutter to make bud brownies. Simply use eggs, water, and your canna-oil/cannabutter and mix it in with your favorite brownie mix instead of traditional oil or butter then follow the instructions on the brownie mix packaging. Easy. Done.
Line it up on a cookie sheet and bake at 330 degrees Fahrenheit for about half an hour.
4. Marijuana Ice creamLooking for something a little different than baked goods or gummies? How about a cold and refreshing treat? Weed ice cream is surprisingly easy to make and you can dress it up however you like! To make this, do the following: Melt about 16 ounces of heavy cream in a saucepan at about medium temperature Melt your cannabutter (see our guide) and add sugar Mix together and add whatever you want (fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.) Freeze overnight, it’s that simple! Enjoy as soon as the next day.
5. Weed Milk
Heat your milk in a saucepan over medium-to-low heat. Add ground, decarboxylated weed and heat for about 45 minutes.
Remove the mixture from the stove and let it sit for about ten minutes to cool. Strain the milk from the ground-up weed (again, you can use something like a strainer or a sieve with a cheesecloth the same way you would make cannabutter).
Refrigerate the milk, and you now have a cannabis edible you can add to your favorite breakfast cereal.
6. Cannabis Tea
This one is super easy, and super quick. However, you will need cannabis butter (use the “make cannabutter” link above if you need more guidance).
Simply brew up your favorite tea and add about a teaspoon of your cannabutter
Sweeten with milk, honey, and/or sugar.
7. Kief Cookies
Do you know all that kief that’s leftover in your grinder? Here’s something simple you can do with it if you have an excess supply, put it in some cookie dough! You should probably heat the kief in an oven for a little bit first, but otherwise, just stick it in the dough, put the dough in the oven and you can make kief cookies, a potent edible.
Kief cookies are one of the easiest edibles to make, and they’re delicious! The weedy taste is hardly noticeable, plus cooking with kief is a lot easier than using ground cannabis bud.
Tips for Cooking With Kief
- The amount of kief placed in each cookie determines the strength of the cookie.
- Kief is concentrated; it’s much stronger than the cannabis flower.
- Orally ingesting cannabis produces stronger effects than smoking or vaporizing. Use caution, the effects of edibles last longer than smoking.
- Edibles can take an hour to begin working so wait at least an hour in between doses.
8. Mini Cannabis Chocolate Cake
This recipe is a quick way to make a chocolate cannabis infusion that you can enjoy in minutes.
To start, get a large microwave-safe drinking mug.
Put two tablespoons of cocoa powder, 4 tablespoons of flour, 4 tablespoons of sugar, some chocolate chips, and an egg in the mug.
Add in anything else you may want (for instance marshmallows, vanilla extract, or berries). Now mix in some cannabis butter, however much you would like is fine. Then simply put in the microwave and cook for three to five minutes and it will be ready to enjoy!
We hoped you enjoyed our guide to making eight simple, but great cannabis edibles you can enjoy with THC or CBD infused butter or oil.
For more recipe ideas see our THC recipes guide.
FOLLOW US ON:
F.O.M.O. IS REAL...
Satisfy your endocannabinoid system and all of your belly's desires with our monthly THC Gummy Deals & Alerts.
Once a month we will send you a FREE ALERT with a MASSIVE DISCOUNT on THC Edibles from only Certified & Licensed THC Gummies Suppliers, worldwide.